From five years ago. We cannot forget our Moms!
My wife and I have 5 kids (and a niece that is just like a daughter). We were blessed with the financial stability for their mom to stay at home and care for them all. All are now married with children of their own. My wife is an amazing Mom and a wonderful Grandma. I was caught up in the business of life when the kids were young and did not appreciate to the full the blessing it was for her to stay home and instruct our children. Thank you honey for all of the love and care and comfort you have brought to our family. You are truly the glue that holds us so closely together. I love you, Happy Mother's Day!
We all have a Mother. No matter how we remember her, when we were young (and even now) we wanted her to love us. I am sure she felt the same, loving us with all her heart and wanting us to love her as well. God knew we would need a Mom in a special way. We see in His Word His love for this most special person in all of our lives.
I owe to my angel mother.
The word "Mother" appears 338 times in the Bible. God knew that He needed someone special to raise His children:
- Genesis 3:20 (NIV) - Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.
So He specially chose Moms to co-create with Him in the generation of new life within the womb:
- Psalms 139:13-14a (NIV) - For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
He even chose the woman who would be His mother:
- Luke 1:28 & 31 (NIV) - The angel went to her [Mary] and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."... 31 You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus.
And He listened to her and honored her during His life, and His mother treasured all that He did:
- Luke 2:42, 48 & 51 (NIV) - When He was twelve years old, they went up to the Feast, according to the custom... 48 When His parents saw Him, they were astonished. His mother said to Him, "Son, why have You treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for You."... 51 Then He went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But His mother treasured all these things in her heart.
- John 2:1-3,5,7,9-10 (NIV) - On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to Him, "They have no more wine."... 5 His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever He tells you."... 7 Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim... 9a and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine... 10b ...[exclaiming] "You have saved the best till now."
He even took care of her in His last moments as He hung on the Cross:
- John 19:25a-27 (NIV) - Near the cross of Jesus stood His mother... 26 When Jesus saw His mother there, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, "Dear woman, here is your son," 27 and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.
- Acts 1:14 (NIV) - They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.
- Deuteronomy 5:16 (NIV) - "Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
- Proverbs 6:20b (NIV) - ...and do not forsake your mother's teaching.